I was introduced to contact lenses by my optometrist in 2009, since then there have not been a single day that I did not wear my contact lenses. Contact lenses gave me confidence, clarity & lot more. It helped me excel in my career and at the same time pursue my hobbies without any visual disturbances.
I must say that I have been always very sincere in taking care of my contact lenses and follow religiously the lens care regimen daily.
Every day, since the first time I started wearing contact lenses I ask myself standing in front of the mirror the 3 ‘C’ questions, advised by my optometrist.
- ‘C’larity: of vision once I wear my contact lenses should be perfect. Is it the same or I feel some blurriness?
- ‘C’omfort: feeling in the eyes once the contact lenses are inserted. Do I feel uncomfortable or disturbed by any foreign body sensation?
- ‘C’osmetic: appearance of my eyes should be clear & white. Is it same or I see some redness?
Regardless of which care regimen or brand I used, I always remembered to:
- Never touch solution bottle tips to any surface, including my own fingertips: this can cause contamination of the solution.
- Avoid getting tap water on my contact lenses and accessories, as it can carry a microorganism called Acanthamoeba that causes serious eye infections.
- Clean my contact lens accessories (lens case, cleaning/disinfecting devices, enzymatic cleaner vials and so on) as directed by my optometrist.
- Rinse my lens case with hot tap water and dried when not in use. Thereafter before reusing it pour multipurpose solution and rinse the dry case again thoroughly.
- Discard my contact lens case every month to reduce any risk of infection.
- Insert & Remove contact lenses before wearing & removing my eye makeup.
- Never sleep or swim with my contact lenses on.
My contact lens journey has been brilliant so far and I am sure my compliance to the care regimen has been always rewarding.